Sunday looks like it will be very similar to Saturday where P1 students had good conditions for their first flights and Mark G. had his first soaring flight at North Boulder. T.J. soared his new Delta 2 for nearly an hour. As soon as I find a buyer for my Delta, I will upgrade also.
Pressure gradient -.09″ and NBR showing light winds. Only 20% chance of thunderstorms this afternoon.
Will start with P1′s again at 7AM and have a few extra wings for P2 students.
James & Will had XC flights yesterday in strong conditions. See blog for details of their flights. I expect strong conditions again this afternoon.
Pressure gradient -.04″ and NBR showing light winds. Sunny skies in area.
We will start with P1′s at 7AM to get them in smooth air. 30% chance of thunderstorms this afternoon.
Pressure gradient -.09″ and NBR showing west winds early. Local forecast does not show easterly winds until noon but I expect it to change sooner.
Keep monitoring NBR and let me know when you want to start.
Wednesday was wild! Many pilots soared—Jacob & Kirill soared up high in the strong south winds. I launched, climbed 2,000′ over and let the strong winds blow me towards Lyons—5 mile XC.
Map shows clouds over most of CO and some of this could be related to fires. NBR is still light and variable. No rush to get started. Let me know when you want to start.
Soaring Forecast is out:
0646 MDT Thursday, June 13, 2013
This forecast is for Thursday, June 13, 2013:
If the trigger temperature of 87.9 F/31.1 C is reached...then
Thermal Soaring Index....................... Excellent
Maximum rate of lift........................ 845 ft/min (4.3 m/s)
Maximum height of thermals.................. 18182 ft MSL (12897 ft AGL)
Forecast maximum temperature................... 94.0 F/34.9 C
Time of trigger temperature.................... 1100 MDT
Time of overdevelopment........................ 1500 MDT
Looks like time to fly today is 11-3PM. Let me know when you want to start.
Pressure gradient -.14″ and NBR showing west winds. Local forecast calling for west winds to decrease and switch to east by 9AM. Sunny skies should then give active conditions my midday as on Sunday. While waiting, take a look at Sunday’s video.
Winds light and variable. We will start at 7:30 AM.
On a recent paragliding trip to Salt Lake City, we flew in the morning but in the evening the winds were over 35MPH making it a bit too dangerous. What to do? Try out Hang Gliding of course, and it was fun!
Check out the video: Hang Gliding in Salt Lake
Local forecast shows sunny conditions and easterly winds all day. Pressure gradient is -.12″ and NBR winds are lift an variable. Humidity 36%.
Starting with P1′s at 7AM as expect active conditions by midday. Call me if you need a wing.
Local forecast and NOAA weather radio agree: west winds all day! Pressure gradient -.21! Even ground handling questionable using XXS Element or Ground Hog. Come by at 9AM this morning to hang in harnesses or watch P2 videos. Ground handling afterwards if possible.
Sunday looks good for flying but check to be sure I have a wing for you—placing order with Ozone today should you be ready to have your own—-production and delivery takes about 1 month!
Local weather forecast shows easterly winds this morning and 20% chance of thunderstorms likely this afternoon before west winds this evening and Saturday. Pressure gradient -.06″ and NBR showing light and variable winds early.
Will start with P1′s a 7AM. Got training wings today if needed contact me.
Pressure gradient -.08″ and mostly sunny so expect to see up slope flow to start early. Humidity lower today at 44% and clear skies should get up slope started early.
Will start with P1′s a 7AM. Let me know if you need a wing.