It took a while but Ozone has just released the ML Delta 3 at C level wing:
DELTA 3 ML is now available to order! A long wait, but we think it was well worth taking the time to get this product right. We think that all Delta 2 pilots will like the improvements. The design team have learnt a lot since the massively successful Delta 2 was launched, but it was still a hard job to make a worthy successor. It is EN C (without folding lines), and has better speed and glide as well as the handling and comfort that you would expect. We hope you like it! We also hope you like our new colour scheme which will appear on the Delta 3 and other new wings this year. Web page and pictures coming soon.
The ML size is 85–105 KG with 30 day manufacture time so order now!
9 P2+ pilots finished 5 great days of flying in Tapalpa, Mexico on Sunday, 2/4/17. I have already posted one of my flights and will add their flights soon.
Regional weather map shows that cold front has arrived. Local forecast shows NE flow increasing over day. NBR is light early. Will flying become soarable as it did last week?
Thursday afternoon saw a cold front passage with excellent ridge soaring potential. Unmentioned in weather forecast it passed by about 11AM with strong NE flow. I watched several pilots effortlessly soar around before I caught a ride to the drop off site. My launch and climb was easy but it took about 10 minutes to reach the North end of ridge in a strong head wind but climbing continuously to 4oo’ over. I then boated around for 1/2 hour.
Friday shows not cold front passage either. Local forecast shows light easterly flow.
Thermal soaring forecast is poor but I see sunshine and a clear sky! NBR is light early but watch my Sunday flight while waiting to catch the next cold front!
An only 8 minute gondola ride got Granger 2,500′ up for a smooth flight back down:
Gondolas take you to launch!
I am flying in Switzerland so not answering my iphone.
Better send me an email: grangerbanks [at] gmail [dot] com
Local weather forecast calls for partly cloudy skies and light easterly flow all day. Pressure difference is -.16″ and NBR showing light and variable winds early. 10% chance of thunderstorms this PM.
Since there is a slow heating, watch my flight in Aspen this week—great place to fly once you have your P3 rating.
Thermal soaring forecast is excellent: 1,200’/min with thermals starting at 12PM and no over development forecast!
Saturdays hot forecast was too accurate. My vario recorded 92 degrees at a start time of 12:46PM and a cooler 70 degrees while flying up to 1,800′ above launch. 59 minutes later I landed after seeing sustained lifts up to 620’/min and 1,100′ descents with a big ears approach—pass through the danger zone quickly!
Sunday looks softer with cloudiness. Satellite map show much cover over northern Colorado. Local forecast calls for easterly flow all day. NBR showing light and variable winds early. Pressure difference .22″ so up slope flow may be delayed until 9AM.
Thermals soaring forecast is good—-721’/min—starting at 11:45AM and no over development. West winds still at 7:30AM!