Regional weather map shows approaching NW Cold Front. The local weather forecast shows light NE flow starting at 11AM. NBR is showing light & variable winds early. Winds aloft are high and Sugar Loaf showing west winds.
A few spots are still available for our Tapalpa, Mexico trip next month February 4—11th. This looks to be much better flying.
Last Wednesday was great: Johannes flight was ~ 2 hours and I had to engage big ears and speed bar to get out of the cold.
Saturday looks like the day to fly this weekend—-snow this evening!
NBR is showing light and variable winds early.
NBR is showing significant west winds early and local forecast calling for this to continue all day. Winds aloft are strong from west. Morning sunshine may temporarily give us up slope flow but with strong winds aloft watch for inversion to break and strong west winds.
Sunday looks better as local forecast shows up slope winds.
Regional weather map shows clear skies over CO. Local forecast shows light winds over area turning easterly this PM. Winds aloft are a bit high but Sugar Loaf is showing light and variable winds. Thermal soaring forecast is good—500’/min—starting at 11:45AM with no over development. Pressure difference -.25″! NBR is showing light and variable early.
Still have a few spots open for Tapalpa, Mexico February 4—11th.
Alphina 3 was released this week and already have 2 orders arriving end of January 2018.
Too until 11:30AM but have finally seen some blue skies and the house above launch!
NBR is showing light and variable winds. Humidity very high but the sky seams to be clearing.
The jet stream and strong westerly winds are a part of winter here so consider our trips to Tapalpa, Mexico in January & February. There are still a few spots left.
Thermal soaring forecast for Tuesday is good—-500’/min starting at 10:45 AM with no over development. Regional map shows high pressure and clear skies over area. Local forecast shows NE flow today. Winds aloft have not been updated, but Sugar Loaf is light.
NBR showing light and variable winds early.
Strong NW winds aloft persist. Not worth the risk.