Pressure gradient -.19″ and NBR showing light west winds. Clear skies and sunshine will give up slope flow later and good thermals starting at 11 AM. Snow coming this weekend so fly now. Let me know when you are ready to start.
North Boulder is covered in snow and strong down slope winds are forecast all day! Winds aloft and mountain sites reporting strong downs slope winds so hopefully snow will melt fast and we will be able to fly on Sunday?
The cold weather is making Mexico P2 & P3 trips look much better. Hope you can still get a spot!
Take a look at jet stream map. Our winter nightmare is back! I hope it will not stay long and that we will be able to fly again latter this week but this should be a reminder that winter brings the jet stream and high winds aloft.
Today would be a good day to sign up for one of our winter flying trips to Mexico. We have been going there for over 20 years and narrowed our trips down to the world class Tapalpa area for 10 years. Space is limited as I have already received deposit checks. January 20-27 will be the P2 week and January 27-February 3rd for the P3 week. A check for $800 holds your spot for either or week or $1,350 for both weeks. Same private room, breakfast, airport pickup, site fees, and coaching included.
Sunday is starting out cold—27 degrees—but sunshine and clear skies will allow temperatures to climb quickly and bring many thermals by midday. Pressure gradient zero and winds at NBR are calm. Will let surface dry out a bit and start with P2′s at 9AM. No P2 lessons next weekend as I will be doing Ridge Soaring Clinic in Grand Junction so come today.
Ridge Soaring Clinic will be held October 12-14 in Grand Junction. Each morning we will start flying at sunrise at Otto’s Ridge and end each day flying at Reader Mesa. Mid day we will fly nearby Rabbit Mountain.
Send me an email if you wish to be added to contact list.