Saturday was short with clouds and over development coming quickly. I was only able to get my Delta 3 600′ over but Larry got his Delta 3 higher and was able to fly over to Mount Sanitas. Ty showed us acrobatics to get down quickly as the skies darkened.
Regional map shows clearer skies for Sunday. Humidity is 43% and 20% chance of thunderstorms. Thermal soaring forecast is excellent—1,100’/min—starting at 10:45AM and no over development forecast—nor sure I believe this with so much humidity.
Regional Weather Map shows partially cloudy skies over CO. Local winds will be out of east. Humidity is high at NBR at 59% and light and variable winds early.
Thermal soaring forecast is good—550’/min—starting at 11AM with over development at 4PM. 20% chance of thunderstorms.
Regional weather map shows cloudy skies moving away from area. Looks like clear skies to west. Thermal soaring forecast is only good—400’/min—because of high level clouds? No over development forecast so perhaps conditions will improve later.
Posted my flight at the Cove in Utah—wish we had a 2,000′ vertical drive up site for mornings like today.http://parasoftparagliding.com/parashop/parasoft-used-wings/
Also have a Ozone Rush and Swift 4 on my used paraglider page. Let me know if you want to demo them.
Saturday was good but short: I saw a pilot soaring around for 1/2 hour before it clouded up. It was very humid. I got a first short early flight on my Delta 3!
Sunday looks better. Humidity is lower and no over development is forecast! Thermals will start at 9:45AM and increase up to 1,000’/min! Regional weather map shows High pressure and clear skies over CO. Winds aloft are again light but pressure difference is -0.2″ so easterly flow may take longer to start. NBR is light and variable now.
Here is my ridge soaring flight at Muscle Rock in San Francisco. I don’t think it will be as cool or soft here today!
The monsoon season is upon us with short soaring periods before thunderstorms. My best reference for this is the thermal soaring forecast. It calls for thermal to start at 10:30AM and to be over developed—rain & gusty winds at 3PM! Thermals will strengthen up to 1,100’/ minute near time of over development so come early for smoother air!
Winds aloft are light and little pressure difference. Today I hope to finally fly my new Delta 3!
I have posted another of my Rat Race Videos that shows the rules—this was a left turn day—and challenges of flying with 230 other pilots.
Returned last night from 3 week road trip to The Rat Race, Coastal Soaring in San Francisco, Glass Off Flight in Richfield, Utah, and Flight in Aspen. I have already posted some of these flights and others later but today I will start ground handling & flying my new Delta 3.
Looks like high pressure on the 4thwith local forecast calling for easterly winds all day.
10% chance of thunderstorms this PM. Thermal soaring forecast is excellent—1,500’/min—starting at 10AM with over development by 3PM! I will start ground handling my Delta 3 at 10AM.
P.S. If anyone has Ozone Ozium pod harness, I now have the complementary replacement handle.
Saturday was very strong. Northerly winds were forecast so about 10 of us launched from the drop off site about 11:20AM. I and most pilots were able to quickly climb up and I hit peak climbs of 1,330’/min and sustained climbs of 740’/min! After 31 minutes of rock and roll I decided to fly out and land. My Dorama.
Others stuck with the active air and several made it all the way to Colorado Springs! Good job cowboys—-new site record?
Sunday looks softer. Regional weather map shows clear skies and high pressure. Boulder Airport shows easterly winds all day. Thermal soaring forecast is good at 785’/min starting already at 9AM! No over development forecast. A softer day?
Regional weather map shows clear skies and post frontal conditions. Local forecast calls for NE winds all day. NOAA weather radio calling for northerly winds this PM. Winds aloft are light.
Thermal soaring forecast is excellent—922’/min starting at 10:45AM with no over development forecast!
After several days of wet weather, it looks like sunshine has returned!
Regional map shows clear skies and high pressure dominate. Local forecast shows easterly winds by noon but I see bright sunshine on the hill and expect up slope flow to start sooner. Pressure difference is -.15″ so it and NBR is showing lift and variable winds. Thermal soaring forecast is excellent starting at 8:45AM getting to 800’/min with no over development! I will start hiking at 9AM.
Regional weather mapshows clear skies and high pressure. Local weather forecast showing easterly winds till 3PM. Winds aloft are light at (K & 12K! Snow has mostly melted from the hill. Thermal soaring forecast is good—643’/min starting at 11:30AM with over development at 3PM!
Looks like a short day!
NBR is showing light up slope early!
I will start hiking at 9AM!