Smooth Saturday?

Regional weather map shows abundant clouds over area. Local weather forecast calls for easterly windsl  by 9AM. NBR reporting light and variable winds with a humidity of 40%.Pressure gradient very negative at -.25″!  Chance of drizzle this AM and 20% Chance of thunderstorms this PM.

At 8AM NBR is showing west winds and cloudy skies!

At 10AM NBR is still showing light westerly winds but barometric pressure is rising at Front Range Airports!


Wednesday looks weak

Sunday turned out to be a great day with pilots going XC midday and soaring until late PM.  Concerned about approaching west winds I launched at 12:15PM in active conditions and easily climbed to 2,000′ above launch before getting away from the mountains and heading for Boulder Reservoir. Lex passed under me and headed for Lyons. Another group avoided the active conditions and did not launch until near 5PM.

Wednesday shows a very negative pressure gradient of -.27″ and light and variable winds at NBRLocal forecast calls for easterly winds by 9AM. When will adiabatic heating overcome large negative pressure gradient?

Sunday as great as Saturday

Saturday started out slow with strong west winds in the AM but after the passage of cold front Eric and I launched about 2PM in strong NE winds and easily soared. I will post my flght and Eric’s went all the way to Golden! Saw pilots soaring here until sunset—-Jason & ?.

Sunday’s regional weather map shows mostly clear skies with smoke.

Local weather map shows NE flow all day.   Humidity high at 79%!

NBR showing light and variable winds.

Start at 8AM.

Saturday looks west again until PM.

Regional weather map show High to west and Low to east with Canadian Cold Front to the north.

NOAA weather radio and local forecast call for westerly winds until this PM. Will arriving cold front then turn winds NE for some late afternoon flying?

Pressure gradient -.23″ and NBR showing west winds.

10% chance of thunderstorm this PM.

At 1:45 PM NBR shows good NE flow.


Wednesday starts wet!

Approaching cold front and steady NE flow forecast motivated several of us to get some soaring flights on Tuesday PM.

Heavy rain last night and high humidity—80%—and cloudy conditions will slow drying out today.   Local forecast shows easterly winds all day.  NBR showing no wind early.  Wait for drying out and up slope flow.

Starting P1 ground handling at 10AM so come fly if you don’t need my attention on launch.