Week looks cold but flyable

Most of snow has melted on hill so flying is possible but cold—-25 degrees now raising into the 30’s and cloudy!  Such cold causes me to watch videos of my upcoming Tapalpa, Mexiico flights. Only one spot left  on January 18–25th week! it’s only 1 month!

Waiting for a Canadian Cold front for soaring conditions here.

Check NBR and call me if you want to fly here before.

Weather outlook for week

Tuesday: NBR showing weak westerly winds. Pressure gradient -.1 ”  Weak cold front passing this afternoon bringing gusty winds . Local weather forecast shows mostly west winds.

Wednesday: Pressure gradient only -.05″ and NBR and mountain sites showing light winds.  Winds aloft light.  Will start P1’s at 8AM.

Thursday:  Pressure gradient -.13″ and NBR reporting variable wind directions.  Will up  slope heating overpower negative pressure gradient?  Local weather link shows west winds all day. NOAA weather radio does not mention west winds.

Friday: Pressure gradient +.04″ and NBR showing light winds. Local weather forecast is for easterly winds.  Thermal soaring forecast is excellent calling for active air by midday.

Saturday: Pressure difference is -.17″! Weather radio no calling for west winds yet NBR reporting gusty west winds.  Current winds aloft are strong westerly. Up slope flow will cause wind direction to shift this afternoon?

Sunday: Pressure gradient +.22″!  Winds aloft light at 9K and on surface in the mountains.  Sunny so should be an active day. I will start with P1’s at 7AM. Great flights yesterday afternoon, today looks good also!

Parsoft’s web site revised and improved

I have used this down time to revise and improve my web site.  We have added a blog for pilots to communicate about their flying, post links to their videos and tell others about their flying plans.  I will start with a blod about Mexico

Mexico P2 and P3  trios are planned for end of January. Five P2 pilots are starting January 22 and we have rented a large 15-passenger van to allow for more pilots to join us. We will be staying at the same Hotel de Los Patios in Sayula as always so that it will be a short drive to Tapalpa launch or San Marco.  I recently talked with local pilots that reassured me the road to San Marco launch has be regraded and is in excellent shape.

January 29th will be an exchange day to drop off P2 pilots and pick up P3 pilots—-3 so far have sent a deposit.  We will continue flying Tapalpa and San Marco but may add Colima and Hocotepec if the group wishes.

Each week is $1,500 or both for $2,500. Recommended flights prices have dropped to $469!   Recommended flights are here.

I look forward to guiding pilots for my 20th year in Mexico.

My flying is still dependent on my doctor’s approval.

Call me or blog me if you are interested in joining us.

Granger