Saturday was short and we got west winds by about 1PM. Sunday looks longer.
Regional weather map shows clear skies and high pressure. Local forecast shows easterly winds until late afternoon. NBR showing light and variable winds early. Thermal soaring forecast is excellent today—-1,400’/min—starting at 11:30AM but over development by 3PM! 20% chance of rain.
Regional weather map show High pressure dominating area. Local forecast shows easterly winds till 3PM and them changing west. NBR showing significant west winds early.
Thermal soaring forecast is excellent—1,300’/min—starting at 11AM and over development at 6PM.
8:30 AM West winds at Sugar Loaf and increasing at NBR
Regional Weather map shows high pressure dominating area. Local weather forecast shows southeasterly winds in area. Humidity is lower than yesterday but still very high at 70%. Thermal soaring forecast is excellent—1,300’/min starting at 11:30 AM! Again they are calling for no over development but yesterday it did over develop. 20% chance of precipitation. I recommend you start early.
If you have a used entry level Ozone wing that you would like to upgrade, please contact me as I need them and production time for your new wing is only about 1 month.
Regional weather map show passage of Canadian Cold Front. Already early—5AM– NE winds are consistent at NBR.
At 6AM no wind! NBR showing cold front has already passed. Waiting till later.
Thermal Soaring forecast is excellent—-1,200’/min—-starting at 10:30 with over development at 3:00PM. Cloud cover will determine thermal development.
30% chance of thunderstorms this PM.
Regional weather map shows sunny skies approaching from the west. Humidity is very high at 80%. Thermal soaring forecast is good with 700’/min starting at 11AM and over development by 3PM. 30% chance of thunderstorms this PM.
Saturday started slowly but built by mid day. I launched at 12 and quickly climbed 1,800′ twice! I saw peak lifts of 1,300’/min and easily stayed up for 45 minutes. Here is my Doarana.
Sunday looks stronger. Thermal soaring forecast is 666’/min starting at 10:45 with no over development forecast! Expect big air by mid day. Clouds this PM?
Returned last night from 3 week road trip to The Rat Race, Coastal Soaring in San Francisco, Glass Off Flight in Richfield, Utah, and Flight in Aspen. I have already posted some of these flights and others later but today I will start ground handling & flying my new Delta 3.
Looks like high pressure on the 4thwith local forecast calling for easterly winds all day.
10% chance of thunderstorms this PM. Thermal soaring forecast is excellent—1,500’/min—starting at 10AM with over development by 3PM! I will start ground handling my Delta 3 at 10AM.
P.S. If anyone has Ozone Ozium pod harness, I now have the complementary replacement handle.
Saturday was very strong. Northerly winds were forecast so about 10 of us launched from the drop off site about 11:20AM. I and most pilots were able to quickly climb up and I hit peak climbs of 1,330’/min and sustained climbs of 740’/min! After 31 minutes of rock and roll I decided to fly out and land. My Dorama.
Others stuck with the active air and several made it all the way to Colorado Springs! Good job cowboys—-new site record?
Sunday looks softer. Regional weather map shows clear skies and high pressure. Boulder Airport shows easterly winds all day. Thermal soaring forecast is good at 785’/min starting already at 9AM! No over development forecast. A softer day?
Several pilots—Robert & Jeff– had their best flights ever on Sunday!
My son Misha had his first thermal flight. I stayed aloft watching all this.
Will Monday be as memorable? Regional weather map show high pressure and clear skies with a Canadian Cold Front to the north—-strong NE flow later today? The local forecast calls for NE flow all day long. Winds aloft are light. Thermal soaring forecast is excellent—800’/min starting at 11:30 AM but over development at 3PM!
NBR is light and variable early.
Saturday started very slow and I had the first soaring flight launching at 12:40 PM!
The lift was scattered and I could only climb to 500′ above launch in 21 minutes!
Here is my track log.
I should have been more patient as several pilots launching later made it to Lyons!
Sunday looks cloudier. Weather map shows cloudy conditions. Easterly winds this AM but strong westerly winds late afternoon! Reporting 10% chance of thunderstorms.
Thermal soaring forecast is good—700’/min— but short today not starting until 12AM and thunderstorms by 3PM!
Winds aloft are low.
NBR is showing light winds.