Although pressure gradient is -.22″ it is sunny and winds are up slope at NBR.
WInds aloft are light. Yesterday I watched several soaring flights and I expect the same today. I have no P1’s until Friday so let me know when you want to start. Afternoon flying also look possible.
Pressure gradient -.15″ and NBR showing west winds. Limited sunshine and adiabatic heating so west winds may persist. Weather map shows H to west and L to east favoring west winds. Tail winds all day?
I have 4 P1’s starting ground handling at 10 AM to avoid afternoon heat and thunderstorms. I now have 2 used ML wings for sale so feel welcome to ground handle them and practice reverse launches—got your 2 minutes of kiting?
Keep eye on NBR if you want fly before. It has turned NE at 7:45AM!
Thursday looks like the best day for flying until weekend. Local forecast shows light west winds today. Pressure gradient -.15″ and strong winds aloft and mountain site showing westerly winds. NBR still showing westerly winds.
Will morning heating cause up slope flow?
WInds aloft are lighter now and mountain winds also. NBR is showing up slope flow. We will start at 10AM. Let me know if you need a wing.
Looks like flying should be possible before snow this evening. Winds aloft light. Pressure gradient -.05 and calm. Expect up slope to build by this afternoon before snow starts. Give me a call if you would like to fly before Santa arrives. Otherwise have a merry one!
Thursday & Saturday look to be the best days for flying according to local forecast. Friday looks like west winds all day.
Today’s pressure gradient is -.15″ and it looks quite cloudy to west. Looks like best flying will be this morning. Call me when you are ready to start.
Pressure gradient -.16″ and NBR calm now but sunshine will start up slope flow. Winds aloft finally much lighter and thermal soaring forecast is good starting at 11:30AM. Let me know when you want to fly.
Today looks good with high pressure dominating. Should be hot and sunny so I will be starting with P1’s at 7AM.
TFR in place after 11:30AM but looks like we are not affected by it.
Yesterday’s post frontal conditions provided ample lift for 2 Ozone Delta pilots to soar. First Ted Smith flying a Delta for the first time climbed well over launch saying that he felt quite comfortable flying a Class C wing the first time. Not to be outdone, I launched my Delta and climbed to 2,000′ above launch before heading towards Lyons. Concerned I was fighting into a head wind, I turned back after a few miles and landed at in Foothills Park.
Today’s pressure gradient is -.05″ and NBR is already showing easterly flow. Sunny this morning and partly cloud this PM. NOAA weather radio is calling for SE winds 10-15 this afternoon—flight to Lyons?
Starting with P1’s at 7AM but no extra wings.
Pressure gradient +.15″ and NBR showing light winds. Local weather forecast shows easterly winds all day with only 20% chance of thunderstorms this PM. North Boulder is just outside of Flagstaff TFR so if you go XC, go north!
No P1’s so let me know when you are ready to start.
Yesterday afternoon was really good for ridge soaring and I watched Ivan soar for an hour at 4PM.
Today: Pressure gradient -.02″ and passage of cold front last night should give us post frontal condition again today. NOAA weather radio calling for NE winds 10-15 m.p.h. Clearing should happen.