Yesterday we got 2 flights in before it went west but today this does not look possible—-next week? United Airlines raising Mexico flights so get yours now.
Take a look at jet stream map. Our winter nightmare is back! I hope it will not stay long and that we will be able to fly again latter this week but this should be a reminder that winter brings the jet stream and high winds aloft.
Today would be a good day to sign up for one of our winter flying trips to Mexico. We have been going there for over 20 years and narrowed our trips down to the world class Tapalpa area for 10 years. Space is limited as I have already received deposit checks. January 20-27 will be the P2 week and January 27-February 3rd for the P3 week. A check for $800 holds your spot for either or week or $1,350 for both weeks. Same private room, breakfast, airport pickup, site fees, and coaching included.
Sunday is starting out cold—27 degrees—but sunshine and clear skies will allow temperatures to climb quickly and bring many thermals by midday. Pressure gradient zero and winds at NBR are calm. Will let surface dry out a bit and start with P2’s at 9AM. No P2 lessons next weekend as I will be doing Ridge Soaring Clinic in Grand Junction so come today.
Haze from smoke definitely kept air calm and flying smooth yesterday with no soaring flights. Hope today will be sunnier because Monday will be west winds!
Pressure gradient -.13″ and NBR calm. Clear to partly cloud skies today and will start P1’s at 8AM. All sizes of wings available for P2 students.
A cold front passed through early this morning so active post frontal conditions will result today. Pressure gradient -.01″ and NBR already showing up slope flow. Looks like a great day, let me know when you want to get started.
Pressure gradient -.12″ and NBR already showing up slope flow. Forecast calling for SE flow today. High humidity and smoke weakened thermal development yesterday and likely to do same today. Will start with students at 8AM.
Approaching Canadian Cold front will effect weather this afternoon giving strong NE flow. This morning pressure gradient is -.18″ and NBR showing variable winds. Smoke will slow thermal development and also up slope flow.
Will start with P1 & P2’s at 8AM either ground handling or flying depending on wind direction.
Pressure gradient -.15″ but NBR already showing up slope flow. Humidity high and 20% chance of thunderstorms by noon. Looks similar to yesterday where we had cloudy skies by midday. No P1’s so start at 8AM.
Placing an Ozone order so let me know if you need something—-Euro is very low right now so better prices!