Wednesday looks weak

Sunday turned out to be a great day with pilots going XC midday and soaring until late PM.  Concerned about approaching west winds I launched at 12:15PM in active conditions and easily climbed to 2,000′ above launch before getting away from the mountains and heading for Boulder Reservoir. Lex passed under me and headed for Lyons. Another group avoided the active conditions and did not launch until near 5PM.

Wednesday shows a very negative pressure gradient of -.27″ and light and variable winds at NBRLocal forecast calls for easterly winds by 9AM. When will adiabatic heating overcome large negative pressure gradient?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *